In June, Smartphone app Loopt launched a mobile loyalty program that will enable consumers to win rewards from partner retailers, such as Starbucks and The Gap, by meeting brand-specific actions, such as checking into a location a requisite number of times or referring it to Facebook friends. The Fox Soccer Channel also released a World Cup iPhone app which featured coverage of the tournament, including latest news, player stats, photo galleries, venue information and World Cup history. When the games began, a scrolling ticker streamed live scores, in-game stats, play-by-play information and video clips – all integrated with Facebook.
These are just a few of the many examples of mobile marketing and social media becoming the “up and coming” additions to the traditional marketing mix. Mobile Marketing and Social Media are rapidly growing because they are providing companies the unique opportunity to connect with consumers, and they allow companies to track the user experience across multiple channels—which is also known as Social CRM. Before you jump into a mobile marketing campaign for your company/brand, there are few best practices and guidelines to follow.
If you are starting a mobile messaging campaign for the first time and you’d like to create a simple text campaign, here are some of the best practices to maximize your campaign results:
- Keep it simple.
- Make sure the messaging is targeted and relevant to your audience.
- Don’t over-communicate and limit messages to those requested by the user.
- Collect only the data you need to make your communications relevant to the user.
- The goal is to enhance the customer perception of your company/brand, not hurt it.
- Make sure you ask for consent before sending a message. This can be done via multiple methods. Your company can send an introduction email to the current database asking consumers and prospects to opt-in to receiving text messages through SMS or Web registration method. Or you can also choose to advertise “text” updates at tradeshows, in business communications, print, radio and Web campaigns, enticing consumers and prospects to register instantly.
- It’s also a best practice to make sure users can easily find and understand the terms and conditions of the text program and to allow an easily available opt-out method.
It's exciting to see the many ways our mobile world is evolving, from sports to lattés and everything in between.
Top 6 Free World Cup iPhone Apps. (Mashable)
About the Author: